Thursday, April 30, 2009

How can I use honey to ward off pollen allergies?

I haven't tried to use honey to make myself immune to pollen because I haven't been able to find any local honey, and I don't know how to do it.


First I was told just to eat as much honey as I could and over time my body would get used to the pollen.


Then other people told me about eating honey on a regimine for a year, and even longer.





It's confusing =/





Does anyone know for sure how I can use honey to get rid of my spring time allergies?

How can I use honey to ward off pollen allergies?
You really can't use local honey as immunotherapy. The reason some people think it will work is they believe that the honey contains the pollens from your area. This is true. What they don't understand that for the most part, bees do NOT visit the plants that cause the most allergies. The allergy inducing pollens come from plants that use the wind to spread their love. These pollens are white and extremely small and white. The plants that bees visit have a heavy yellow waxy pollen, this is why the bee is there in the first place! Any of the pollen from grasses and trees that might be in the honey is just because the bee took a rest. It doesn't hurt to try, honey tastes good on toast and is yummy in a cup of tea, but don't get your hopes up for a cure. Allergies are chronic and can be controlled but not cured. The things that will work to control seasonal allergy is to stay inside, keep doors and windows closed, run a HEPA air cleaner. If you must go outside when pollen counts are high, as soon as you come in take a shower, wash your hair, and change your clothes. Keep pets inside too...because they bring pollen in on their fur.
Reply:You need local bee pollen from a health store. Take some Co-Q-10, Ginco Baloba and MC Gluco Manen found on line. Also take some Nordic Naturals Fish oil. Drink processed water not filtered. To flush out the toxens.

riding boots

No comments:

Post a Comment