Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am allergic to pollen. I recently switched from Coffee to Chai tea and have had very serious allergic?

reactions. Is it possible that the tea is causing it?

I am allergic to pollen. I recently switched from Coffee to Chai tea and have had very serious allergic?
Yes!!! There could be several reasons why you are reacting to the tea. Tea contains caffeine and tannin which are known allergens. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) found in the tea plant is also an allergen. Chai tea generally has spices added to it which you may be allergic to. The drying process of tea may also result in mold production.
Reply:I wouldn't think so. But, are you sweetening your tea with honey? Maybe you're having allergic reactions to the honey, since you have pollen allergies. I wouldn't think just the tea itself would, but I could be wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment